Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sculpture by the Sea


I look forward to this exhibition every year, especially as it is becoming an annual event for Dan and I and the parentals to get together and be art critics.
This year however I came away slighlty underwhelmed. The highlight for me was most definately the company and the bountiful picnic lunch. But when it came to the winner I have to say it must have come down to the fact that it was done by an 80 year old!

The catelogue is always a bit of fun to read through as you go, to hear artists rabbit on about how their piece is a commentary on the displacement of time and space, composed in contrast to juxtaposition of light and movement and the meaning of life etc. The saving grace of the exhibit this year, and every year, is the location where man made and God made sculptures and structures stand with eachother, highlighting even more the richness of creation and the artist that God is!


No comments: