Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home-schooling

For some reason, this topic has come up quite frequently over the last few months. With friends, preschool parents and a stranger or two. Being a product of homeschooling (till the age of 9) I rave about the experience and how I think my life is richer for it (thankyou Mumbo). But would I ever do it myself?

I found my old folder of school work under the bed last night and started looking through my work from preschool and kindergarten, and comparing it with the kids I work with today. And seeing the quantity and the quality of the work (the content that is, not necessarily the effort I put in) is a great testement to my mum about her creativity, patience and God-given gifting with working with kids.

I also wonder how much of her enthusiasm and natural ability in engaging and working with little kids has led me to where I am now. Quite a bit I'm sure, and it also causes me to wonder if it true, that daughters turn out to be their mothers? If so I am delighted, but also a little worried...

No comments: